School Representatives are a key communication liaison between their Quest school and GEAC as well as playing a role in facilitating community building among Quest families at their school. They are encouraged to attend as many GEAC General Meetings as possible to stay informed of the most current GEAC and Highly Capable Programs information.
- Reach out to parents, promote awareness of GEAC
- Represent GEAC at beginning-of-the year GEAC Meet & Greet park dates or other GEAC-organized event
- Gather contact details from interested parents and/or encourage email signup via website
- Distribute membership forms and encourage parents to join and donate
- Inform families of GEAC events, meeting dates, and meeting minutes
- Advertise upcoming GEAC events, encourage attendance
- Attend monthly GEAC meetings, take notes and materials and share with school parents
- Act as point of contact for GEAC questions/concerns/feedback from families and teachers
- Facilitate grant applications from teachers
- Conduct surveys to gather parent input
- Liaise with other GEAC school representatives (and school PTA)
- Arrange school social events
- Arrange for GEAC leadership to speak at school events
School representatives are supported by a School Representative Coordinator, who manages questions and provides details of required communications.
If you are interested in being a School Representative, please contact us at: SchoolReps@lwsdgeac.org